Sunday, June 12, 2011

There Are Some Weeks...

where everything just rocks.

This week was one of those weeks!

Last Saturday, I finally GRADUATED! Done with high school at last!


Was it bittersweet? Sure, but I'm definitely glad it's SUMMER! Time for my favorite things in the world: the state of practically living in the pool, devouring watermelon, ice cream, sleeping till whenever.

I am so excited! I've been so excited lately it's practically my permanent state of being.

I was excited to make a GIGANTIC SALAD with all the summery food in my fridge:
Romaine, black beans, steamed broccoli, corn, seedless red grapes, cheddar, and watermelon.




Luckily, this excitement translates to my workouts.

Monday: 60 min. swim
Tuesday: Rest!
Wednesday: 60 min. swim
Thursday: 30 min. swim, 40 min. bike (~8.8 miles), 60 min. Zumba
Friday: 40 min. swim, 30 min. walk, 15 min. stairs
Saturday: Rest!
Sunday: 60 min. swim

Workout Thoughts:

Thursday was excellent! I really liked spreading my workouts through the day. I usually only take one rest day, but this week, two felt right, and I'm glad I did.

Can you tell I'm addicted to swimming? Since running long distances isn't manageable right now, swimming has become the equivalent of my "long run." It's not quite the same, but...my shoulders have never been quite so toned. =D I love the rush afterward, of course, and I feel swimming makes me more flexible.

Are you addicted to a certain kind of exercise? (Running AND swimming for me!)
Why?


4 comments:

  1. That salad looks so nommable.

    Congrats with being DONE DONE DONE. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ON BEING A GRADUATE look at you in your fancy hat! :)

    and yeah that salad looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on graduating!!! That salad looks so good. I love throwing fruit in there. So many different flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on FINALLY graduating high school April! I can totally relate to the whole I'm-too-excited-I-can-barely-sleep thing ;)

    That salad with the beans and the fruit looks SO freakin' good! And YAYYY for swimming! I don;t think I could ever swim that long though...I get bored easily o.O

    Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete