Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Party That Never Stops

So, since high school has finished up...I went to prom last night!

PROMPROMPROM. (Okay, I had to get that out of my system. *phew*)

Now, I am not a girly, extravagant sort of person. Yet, for some reason, prom still gives me the jitters and I get ridiculously excited. It helps that my date was absolutely wonderful.

No workouts, just dancing! A very good Friday indeed.


(Please excuse my messy living room. Painting your nails > tidying up, right?)

Anyway, I didn't get back till four am (due to traffic...yes, traffic)! For this early riser, it was super late. I didn't fall asleep till around 5:30.

I may have indulged in some fantastic ice cream cake at prom and a chocolate croissant when I got home, but hey, it's prom! Only happens once. (Okay, well, twice for me, but I'm just going to stand by that. Indulging = perfectly okay on fancy occasions. Heck, indulging is just okay overall in my mind!)

After waking up at noon and lounging around my house, I decided I should actually DO something today and headed to the gym.

Since I felt so good with running before and there's a local 5k coming up, I decided to see if I could run one. I could! I averaged about a 12:00 pace (once tuuuuuurtle pace for me), because I didn't want to push it. I ran the 5k in 37:22. Now I think it'll be safe to run the official race on Saturday, no matter how slowly. I just hope registration isn't filled and the t-shirts aren't gone yet. I ran the same 5k about one year ago, so it'll be neat to do it again.

I also did strength training. I could only manage about 10 lbs on the shoulder press, which is sort of pitiful. I'm going to work on that. I think I'll look up similar exercises to do at home, too.

The only thing that got me through it was "Give Me Everything" playing on repeat in my head, from last night. Sometimes I love when music gets stuck in my head and distracts me. I replayed my favorite moments from last night while I worked out--it was a continued party! Hey, at least it made the workout more fun. Blech, shoulder presses.

Do you have a local race you've run more than once?

And, more importantly, what song is stuck in your head at the moment? "Give Me Everything" can't last me forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment