Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Serendipity!! (Adventure in the City)

Sorry I've fallen off the blogosphere lately! I just had college orientation, and I'm still catching up on my workouts.

A regular post about food and exercise will be back tomorrow (the lovely Paola from Sol de Luna was kind enough to tag me in the Amazing Blogger Award! I'm so psyched to fill it out.) But the past slew of days has been such an adventure. Orientation! Celebrating the 4th! And, of course, yesterday's incredible adventure in the city.

First off, college is going to be great! I'll be heading upstate for school. Mountains, anybody? Mountains mean mountain biking, trail running, and college means easy access to a gym! Woohoo! I was lucky enough to meet my roommate and new friends.

So, since college is coming quickly, a friend, M, and I decided to visit one of our friends at NYU. I hadn't been to Greenwich Village in a while, so I decided to find all the places I'd been hearing about....

Peanut Butter & Co. had too many tempting options! I finally settled on the Peanut Butter Sampler. The best picks? Dark Chocolate Dreams (imagine Nutella laced with addictive substances and dipped in magic. Here you go.) and White Chocolate Wonderful.
(It's a shame I'm not a huge celery fan. Apples with pb all the way, for me.)

I ended up having half of M's Peanut Butter Cup sandwich, aka pb and Nutella. YUM. The sandwiches were surprisingly filling. Thanks, chica, and my growling stomach that rules my mind thanks you, too.

And then THIS happened:
"So are you two hanging out in the city after?" (The true life of a suburbanite: Manhattan = 'the city.')
"Yup, we're going to The Strand and then Insomnia."
"Well, at 6:30 I'm meeting Meg Cabot!"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. So, of course, we accompanied her to the NYU bookstore, where the fantabulous Meg Cabot was giving a presentation on her new novel, Overbite. I love her novels!! She's just as nice and hilarious in person as I thought she'd be! It was a small presentation, and it was worth the wait. The whole time I couldn't believe it was happening.
(PROOF.)

I called my mom right after, saying, "I just met Meg Cabot! Yes, THE Meg Cabot!"

Not gonna lie, we felt just a bit like rockstars.


Earlier in the day, after trekking around in the Village, we headed to The Strand. Success! $1 for the Narnia sound track and an illustrated, colored version of The Little Prince. I actually found a pop-up version, and believe me, I was very tempted to bring it in to my English class! College is great already because The Little Prince is on my reading list. =D

Insomnia
is so tiny. Only three stools inside! I would've walked right by if M hadn't spotted it. I bought a PB Cup cookie, but truth be told, I was pb'ed out! Too much pb, though I never thought I would say that. I did have pb this morning, though, so don't worry, it's a temporary condition! :) We also relaxed in Washington Square Park, which I had never actually been to before! (Bad New Yorker, bad.) Seeing the fountain made me want to dance around like in Glee.

I will settle for an
ice cream sandwich, though.


(I am dangerously attractive after a long day of walking in the heat and stuffing my face.)

I had a delicious dinner of london broil sandwiches, (yes, plural. THEY WERE AWESOME.), bbq chicken, macaroni salad, watermelon, and a cupcake. Thanks, M, they were delicious.

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I sure did.

1 comment:

  1. I had an awesome time! Still can't believe we met Meg Cabot!!! We must go back to adventure in the city again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete