Monday, February 13, 2012

Diligence, Dancing, and Dorkiness

Friday night, I went out for sushi and to a cozy venue for a singer-songwriter performance with Max. It was a lovely evening, but I was exhausted and turned in early. Is this what tons of running and homework does to me? I guess so!

On Saturday, I took a break from homework to go see The Vow with some girlfriends. Cheesy, as I expected, but with a satisfying ending. I liked it.

I hurried home to get ready for the Yule Ball...after a week of being fairly responsible and diligent, I was ready to dance!


(Me and Max before heading out...did I mention it was flurrying?! Freezing out!)

(Mel and me at the dance...we had a dancing pre-party and we were SO READY, including to our latest obsession, "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place")

We all crashed in our room with some...unexpected guests...until the wee hours of the morning, telling stories and being goofy. The master storyteller had an omnipotence not pictured here, hehe.

(How many people can you fit in a room meant for two people? One, two...)

(Three, four...)

And two more on my bed!

I confess to skipping my 9-mile long run in favor of homework and laziness. I didn't get much sleep. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I need sleep and to keep my grades up, and I'l stick to my long run this weekend.

The next day, Mel and I were being goofy with packages from home. Our parents had shipped us dresses for the dance, and WHAT ELSE are you supposed to do with these except make a robot?

(The expert robot-designer, hard at work.)

(The finished product! I barely look human, right? ;) )

Happy Monday!

On Mondays I look forward to pancakes from the dining hall. =D It's also my favorite day of classes, so I really don't mind Mondays. What's your favorite day of the week?

I was soooo hungry the other night that I stuck pb on a spoon and dipped it into cereal. Do you have a go-to late night snack? (I try not to snack much at night, but sometimes you must.)
I really REALLY like chocolate milk. I mean, really. I think I consume enough chocolate milk for twenty people a day, late night or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment