Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Terrific Trip Tuesday: Kayaking!

I recently went on a school-sponsored trip to Bannerman Castle, located on Pollopel Island in upstate New York.

I almost missed the trip, if not for my neighbor waking me up at 8:30 to run to the bus! He (and my roomie) woke me up at 2 am to tell me when we had to leave the next day, but I don't remember it! Scary. It's like it was a dream. I can vaguely picture it, but I was really, really out of it. Um...it's said there are three things you can get in college: sleep, good grades, and a social life. The catch? Pick two!

Clearly, I need more sleep.

What a gorgeous day! I've kayaked a few times before, but this was my first time in a single-seater. Soooo much fun! (No photos, sorry, because I forgot my phone on the bus.) I was worried it was going to be too strenuous (even though the flier said no experience necessary, I didn't believe it! The backpacking trip also said no experience necessary, and that was TOUGH AS HELL), but it was fine. I was able to easily stay in the front of the pack and drifted to the middle often so I could just float and enjoy the view of the mountains. My arms weren't even sore (okay, *too* sore) the next day. Yipee!

I've joined the outdoors club here at school (and I've recently become a yoga addict), so I'm anxious to see what other trips there are. There's indoor rock-climbing this week...hmm.

The internet is slow here, but college is awesome. Once I have my posters up, I'll show off my room. My Tuesdays should be renamed tiring Tuesdays...I had four classes today, so blogging is a stretch! Hopefully, as things get back to normal (bizarre schedule from Hurricane Irene), I'll get back to blogging regularly. I apologize for the lull.

Happy adventuring! =)

2 comments:

  1. I love kayaking! Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayaking is one of my favorite activities!! I wish i could do it more. we always go when we're on vacation. I bet there will be tons of other fun trips with the outdoors club. That sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete